Pages

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Where should I start?

I came across a quote when I was reading a book at Borders today: "We shouldn't let other people to determine how much we worth through the monthly paycheck". It suddenly strikes me really hard on my face when I reflect back what I've been doing for the past 3 years-working as a contract staff under four projects at the university where I studied for 3 years. It was stated clearly in my resume under the Working Experience column:


Sept 2010 – 
Oct 2010
(2 months)
Research Officer (School of Educational Studies)
Project D
USD 775/month
Aug 2010
(1 month)
Research Assistant (School of Education Studies)
Project D
USD 581/month

Feb 2010 – 
July 2010
(6 months)
Research Officer (School of Distance Education)
Project C
USD 775/month
Dec 2009 – 
Jan 2010  
(2 months)
Research Assistant (School of Distance Education)
Project C
USD 420/month
Aug 2009 - 
Nov 2009
(4 months)
Project Assistant (School of Distance Education)
Project C
USD 202/month
July 2009 – 
Sept 2009 
(2 months)
Research Assistant (USAINS Holdings Sdn Bhd)
Project B
USD 420/month
Oct 2007 –
June 2009
(20 months)
Research Officer (School of Distance Education)
Project A
USD 775/month


I could have write in a long article elaborating why my starting income were USD 775/month to USD 202/month and then back to the same amount which later I decided to quit my job. I could have drop dead feeling sorry for myself but that is just another story that anyone could have experience it the same way if not worse.

The more important thing is, from these experience brings me a great lesson: Working really hard for money and begging for increment really sucks!!! At the end of the day, the worse part is: Where does all my money goes? Sounding like a desperate housewife, I asked myself: What should I do? Where should I start? How can I get out of this?

For me, reading is a great start to gain knowledge! It all started to change when I read Cashflow Quadrant: Rich Dad's Guide to Financial Freedom by Robert Kiyosaki. Robert is a great educator and I'm really grateful that he wrote this book and share his Rich Dad's way of thinking towards money. Since then, I bought most of his books for the food of my brain, now what I need to do is to execute what I learn from Robert's teaching.


It is important to equip ourselves with knowledge and wisdom if we want to success in managing our money. Being ignorance is no more an option. You are in danger thinking that having a secure job will save you or make you happy for the rest of your life. I suggest you to start reading this book (Cashflow Quadrant: Rich Dad's Guide to Financial Freedom) first and develop the right mindset  towards money. You can find all the books I read at the right hand side of my blog under Advertisement:

"Take the first step in faith. You do not have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step."
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. (1929-1968)

If you have read Robert Kiyosaki's book, feel free to drop your insights and opinions! I would love to hear from you!

May you be blessed with Great Health, Wealth and Happiness!


No comments:

Post a Comment